Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 11, 2008

I left a piece of my heart in St. Lucia


My husband and I went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon two years ago and then went back for our two year anniversary this past April. We stayed at the same Sandals Resort both times. The first time we stayed at the resort the whole time. Everything was there that we needed. This past time though, we wandered outside the resort to explore the island and meet some of the locals. It was a great experience! I love the island and it's people. Everyone is so friendly there and they have a motto of "No worries, no problems." Things are not so rushed and fast-pace like they are in the states, especially the north. When we asked our guide if everyone on the island was as nice as it seemed, he told us that, for the most part, everyone was very friendly, but it was the people that started getting "busy" and hectic that weren't the friendly ones. Many of the people on the island are very poor, but even they seemed happy with what they had. Theirs is a culture like no other. I love St. Lucia and can't wait to go back!

No comments: